MERCY resonates in my heart as I own the harshness with which I judge myself and others in countless minute ways every day.
Fourteen women helped stitch names of fallen American soldiers and Iraqi citizens for the war memorial and bereavement project Prayer Banner: MERCY as part of the Veteran's Day Virtual Sewing Circle.
Participants and Responses
- Mary in Chicago, IL of QuiltyGoodness
- Mary in Oakland, CA
- Linda in Columbia, MD of Fiber and Pulp
- Deb in Michigan of Life in Stitches
- Nancy in Los Angeles
- Nicole in Memphis, TN Names of the Fallen on Turn Your Face To The Sun.
- Heather in British Columbia, Canada Mercy And Security on True Stitches.
- Lisa in Malvern, PA Every Day Is Veteran's Day on A Thread from the Edge.
- Kristin in Hawaii of Musings
- Amy in Portland, OR
- Lynda in Richmond, CA, stitched names with Lauren & Audrey B.
- Deborah in Jenkintown, PA
- Linda in Catonsville, MD of Seminole Sampler
- Mary-Michael in Bluffton, SC Veterans' Day Sewing Circle on One Feisty Stitch
A HUGE thank you to all of the above! Your stitching is marvelous and I can't wait to add your handiwork to Prayer Banner: MERCY. I enjoyed this tremendously and only wish we could all be in the same room stitching hand-to-hand.
Stay tuned for another virtual sewing circle in March to mark the 11th anniversary of the ongoing, wars in Iraq and Afghanistan - how awful and terrible to still be working on this project...